Add a Web Site
Add a Classroom Activity
About the Forum
B. Writing: 1. The student uses writing processes effectively.:
9-12: The student...
LA.B.1.4.1 Add Website - Add Activity
selects and uses appropriate prewriting strategies, such as brainstorming,
graphic organizers, and outlines.
This website lists prewriting techniques for discovering ideas and identifying audiences.
LA.B.1.4.2 Add Website - Add Activity
drafts and revises writing that:
- is focused, purposeful, and reflects insight into the writing situation;
- has an organizational pattern that provides for a logical progression
- has effective use of transitional devices that contribute to a
sense of completeness;
- has support that is substantial, specific, relevant, and concrete;
- demonstrates a commitment to and involvement with the subject;
- has clarity in presentation of ideas;
- uses creative writing strategies appropriate to the purposes of
- demonstrates a mature command of language with freshness of expression;
- has varied sentence structure; and
- has few, if any, convention errors in mechanics, usage, punctuation,
|the write source|
An excellent electronic site for citing electronic resources.
LA.B.1.4.3 Add Website - Add Activity
produces final documents that have been edited for:
- correct spelling;
- correct punctuation,including commas, colons, and common use of
- correct capitalization;
- effective sentence formation;
- correct instances of possesives, subject/verb agreement, instances
of noun/pronoun agreement, and the intentional use of fragments for effect;
- correct formatting that appeals to readers, including appropriate
use of a variety of graphics, tables, charts, and illustrations in both
standard and innovative forms.
|Common Errors in English|
This site contains explanations of most common usage and spelling errors and suggests revision techniques.
Language Arts Menu / Forum Home